Press Release Ideas to Promote Your Brand
A “Cheat Sheet” for Finding Newsworthy Ideas to Promote Your Personal Brand
Press releases are an excellent way to promote your brand and increase awareness of you and your business. However, simply creating one will not guarantee that it will be published. And that is where most entrepreneurs and small business professionals who do not have the budget to hire a PR firm get frustrated.
So, what does it take to grab the media’s attention and increase your exposure? For starters, hook them with a well written press release that is both newsworthy and generates audience interest.
17 Proven News Angles That Generate Press Coverage
- Current Events
- Seasonal or National Holiday Tie Ins
- Controversy and Drama Related Slants
- Awards and Recognition
- New Product or Service Launch
- New/Enhanced Website or Blog
- Emerging Industry Trends
- Human Interest/Emotional Slants
- Economic Impact
- Local Community Angle
- Celebrity Endorsement
- Company Announcements (partnerships, new hires, etc.)
- New Publications (books, e-books, reports, white papers, etc.)
- Upcoming Events
- Contests and Give-A-Ways
- Special Promotions and Sales
- Product or Service Enhancements or Improvements
Creating a publicity schedule around these types of news angles will help generate buzz for your personal brand, ultimately increasing your exposure both online and offline – for free. Consider writing press releases at least once a quarter and, depending on your angle, submit it to local publications as well as online press release services.